Menü

Community Hall

In the years 1956 to 1957 the community built a cultural center with a stage and about 200 seats, side rooms, a library room, a youth center and a guestroom. The building was financed by the sale of the "Szita Castle", by donations of the community members and a brotherly donation of the Reformed Church of the Netherlands.
For a couple of years the "Oberwart Conference" has taken place here at regular intervals. This Conference has always served as a vital link between the Calvinist Churches of the former East Bloc and those in Middle and Western Europe before the "Fall" of the Iron Curtain.
Financially supported by the Federal Chancellor, the Hall was refurbished. Nowadays theater performances of the "reading club", bible lessons, folklore dances, kids´ worship and different cultural events in Hungarian and German take place here.